Vicky Chan is a graduate of the University of California, Davis and the University of California Hastings College of the law. She has been a civil litigator since 2003, specializing in the defense of residential and commercial property damage and boundary disputes, landlord/tenant lawsuits in rent controlled jurisdictions in Northern California, and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
Ms. Chan has a client oriented approach to the practice of law that has won her accolades from her clients and claims representatives for readily addressing their concerns, maintaining close communications so that they are informed and educated on the law and the developments in their case, and achieving outstanding results. She is fluent in written and oral Cantonese and Mandarin and is frequently consulted by colleagues with Chinese clients who feel a special comfort from her ability to emphasize with their anxieties about the American justice system and to explain it in a way that permits them to effectively contribute to their defense.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2003
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence for academic achievement
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the study of Negotiation & Settlement
- University of California at Davis, B.A., with honors, Sociology, 1998
- California, 2003
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals