Randy A. Moss is an attorney in the firm’s San Francisco office, where his practice focuses on insurance bad faith litigation, personal injury defense, and general civil litigation. He has extensive experience in insurance defense litigation, representing the interests of insurance companies and protecting the interests of their insureds. He has also handled professional negligence cases involving claims of dental malpractice throughout the State of California, where some of the matters involved alleged criminal conduct on the part of the dentists, including allegations of sexual assault and battery. Prior to joining Demler, Armstrong & Rowland, Mr. Moss was most recently engaged as in-house counsel with the California staff legal office of The Hartford Insurance Company.
In addition to representing insurance companies in bad faith, coverage litigation, subrogation, and uninsured motorist claims, Mr. Moss’s experience also includes defending individual and corporate personal injury clients in product liability, premises liability, motor vehicle, bicycle, and severe dog bite cases, as well as significant property damage cases involving fire, storm, and flood damage. His corporate clients have included Costco, 7-Eleven, Montgomery Ward, AAMP of America, and MPBS Industries. In addition to his work for The Hartford, Mr. Moss has represented insurers such as 21st Century, USAA, State Farm, Farmers, and Transamerica. Mr. Moss also has several years’ experience defending dentists and dental corporations in professional negligence matters
Mr. Moss is a lifelong resident of California. He lives in Walnut Creek with his wife and four children, and is fluent in French.
- Alexandria S. v. Pacific Fertility Medical Center (1997) 55 Cal.App.,4 th 110
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Personal Injury Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Professional Negligence Defense
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal (D.C.) Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1988)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.,1991), on the editorial board of the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review and member of the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal.