George Otstott is a partner in Demler Armstrong & Rowland’s San Francisco office. For 20+ years he has represented defendants in numerous areas of insurance defense litigation and coverage work, including jury trials. Mr. Otstott handles catastrophic injury and complex litigation, products and premises liability, environmental and toxic torts in asbestos and talc cases for national companies. He also has extensive experience representing general contractors, sub-contractors, manufacturers and insurers in construction defect, delay, bad faith and personal injury/death cases. He has years of experience in general auto and trucking liability and general property casualty litigation. Other experience includes the defense of doctors, nurses and facilities in medical malpractice and Elder Abuse, professional liability, premises liability, defamation and employment cases.
Mr. Otstott successfully has defended matters through litigation, binding arbitration, trial and appeal. He is responsible for all pre-trial workup as well, including the preparation and presentation of expert witnesses for trial, trial conferences and client strategy discussions in addition to regularly conducts plaintiff, percipient and expert witness depositions, motion practice and argument, settlement conferences, mediations and judicial arbitrations.
Mr. Otstott lives in San Francisco with his wife Carla and enjoys SCUBA in the Caribbean and riding his Yamaha R6 at Sonoma Raceway, Thunderhill Raceway and Laguna Seca.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, JD 1995
- Comments Editor, USF Law Review
- Academic Honors
- Moot Court Best Brief
- Southern Methodist University, BBA 1991
- California State Bar, 1996
- Texas State Bar, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Association of Defense Counsel, Northern California
- Presented courses and lectures for attorneys and claims professionals in the areas of construction defect, accident and indemnity claims as well as auto cases and general property/casualty matters for continuing education for various providers in California and Florida.
- San Francisco Superior Court, Law & Motion Department, Judicial Extern for Honorable William Cahill 1994